Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year


Happy New Year to all my lovely readers! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the year ahead; I know I certainly am! 2012 was probably the biggest year of my life so it's going to be a very difficult one to top! I've done a lot of amazing things, met many lovely people and experienced a whole spectrum of different emotions.

Looking back over the last year has made me think about what the year ahead has install for me. One of the most exciting differences to 2012 will be that I will be planning my wedding this year! We also hope to move house again this year, so we'll be looking for somewhere to accomodate potential visitors and possibly have some more sewing/brewing space for our extra-curricular activites!

I usually shy away from the idea of 'reviewing' the past year and setting goals or resolutions for the coming 12 months. But this year I feel slightly different. Considering all the new changes in our life, I think it would be fitting to sum up the highlights of our journey and make some dreams for the year to come!

So, in the spirit of New Year's resolutions, here is my 'Year Review 2012'.

Five things I learnt about myself in 2012:

1. My favourite colour isn't orange but rather a shade of orange: peach.
2. I have an incurable love of the seaside, which is unchangeable no matter which shore I'm on.
3. I have an obsession with fabric and all things printed and woven.
4. I love bird watching.
5. I am stronger than I thought.

The things I've acheived this year:
  • I've moved to the other side of the world!
  • I've made lots of new friends, from all around the world: Germany, New Zealand, Brazil, Australia, South Africa and America.
  • I've found my passion in life and a sense of direction.
  • I'm getting married to the man with whom I've shared all the highs and lows of the last five years!! 

Things I would like to achieve in 2013:
  • Design and produce a business logo to sew into my handmade garments.
  • Start designing and creating my first fabric range.
  •  Learn how to screen print / knit clothes/ quilt and generally more crafting skills!
  •  Get cracking on designs for embroidery hoop art and make some dollars from my ideas!
  • Enjoy planning our wedding together and cherish every moment of this special time in our lives.

I better get a wriggle on then, hadn't I??







No comments:

Post a Comment