Sunday 11 November 2012

Work Hard, Play Hard


So, a couple of weeks ago I started my new job at The Make Cafe. My first week was very hectic as we were still getting the shop ready, painting, cleaning, bringing stock over and prettying the place up for our grand opening on Saturday 3rd November (yes, the same day Mr Fiance Bear and I got engaged!). Our first week in business last week was just as busy, pricing stock and getting to grips with new systems ect. So far, I'm enjoying the work very much and love the variety of my work day, splitting my time between the shop, cafe and workshop planning. But by the end of Saturday, my brain had gone into system overload and was functioning at snail pace.


So yesterday was spent doing everything slowly and taking it easy. I literally have learnt the meaning of the phrase 'work hard, play hard' this week, but my playtime definitely has a more relaxed feel to it! 


We began our Sunday with a long lie-in followed by a breakfast of coffee, apple juice and eggy bread whilst musing over events of the past few weeks and of course, discussing the wedding. You'll be happy to hear we have narrowed dates down to a two year time span, somewhere between 2014 and 2015! And either May or June. That's about all we could make any firm decisions on at the moment, apart from the colour scheme which had been decided on long before we got engaged!



To celebrate our anniversary, which has now become synonymous with our engagement, we bought our first plant last weekend and vowed to make concerted efforts to keep it alive (something we don't have a very good track record of). After a week in direct sun however, our little leafy friend is looking a bit worse for wear. So we headed out to the garden centre to find things that might help revive him and also picked out a few herby friends to keep him company too: Mr Mint, Mr Parsley and Mr Basil. Oh, and Miss Rosemary who we picked up last weekend too and so far is proving less high maintenance!

After our uncharacteristic bought of gardening (just getting into the married couple swing, you know!), we walked down the road to the local for a pint of our favourite Swedish Cider and some hearty fish and chips. Just before it started to pour it down. Phew.



In other news, Martin bottled our first batch of home brew while I was at work on Saturday. I'm willing myself to forget about the dozens of bottles stacked in my kitchen cupboards for the next six months. The longer it sits there, the less likely it will be to taste foul I think!






No comments:

Post a Comment