Thursday 13 September 2012

Red Zoning







Fooooft, it's been a busy week! Over the last month or so, I've been helping out local designer Ninotchka Mckay of Sailor Spy get some pieces from her Spring/Summer collection in production for an eco-runway fashion show held at the University of Canterbury on Tuesday. The models rode retro bikes, which was so perfectly in keeping with the theme for this season's collection, entitled 'The feeling that you'd thought you'd forgotten'. Based on her memories of a childhood growing up in rural Nelson, the collection incorporates fabrics reminiscent of vintage wallpapers and has an laid-back, easy going style. The show was a great success, leaving us feeling very tired but very pleased!

Alright. Enough explanations of my ineptitude for multi-tasking and maintaining a blog whilst doing so! This post is a recap of our adventures last weekend.

After a lazy breakfast, Mr Bear and I decided to take a walk right through the newly opened red zone to get to our luncheon destination on the other side. Probably the long way round all in all, but we felt we should show ourselves the centre of the city we live in at some point, even in its current state. I'm glad it was a sunny day because it made the sights more bearable. But Christchurch is healing, bit by bit.

My brother will be arriving in two weeks. We are giddy with excitement. I can't wait for him to see where we live and share some new experiences together. It's exactly what we need at this point in our transition. I will just have to worry about what I'm going to do when I have to take him back to the airport when I come to it!

2 comments:

  1. Wish we were coming too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! So so much. But I'm not done hoping :) Start playing the lottery!

    ReplyDelete