Sunday 29 July 2012

Owls Join The Ranks



Yey, another pair of Sly Fox earrings to add to what is now turning into a bit of a collection. Maybe I'll see how many pairs I can accumulate while we're here!

After discovering we have nocturnal neighbours (really living up to the 'kiwi' nickname, guys), I spent Saturday in a haze of tiredness and confusion, shuffling about the Craft Invaders fair like the walking dead. I don't think I've ever visited a fair with such little enthusiasm. I'd been looking forward to it for weeks too. Luckily, the last stall was one of my favourite crafters, Sly Fox, and I fell in love with these Owl Earrings. I adore the whole collection really. All their pieces seem woodland inspired; an array of owls, foxes, raccoons and bird's nests. And all in such miniature detail.

The afternoon was spent enjoying a sandy picnic at Taylor's Mistake, a hidden cove past Sumner that was nicely deserted considering it was such a sunny day. 

Last night, the neighbours seemed to go back into a state of relative hibernation so I feel a little more human today. Farewell Zombie-itis.

No comments:

Post a Comment