I bought the fabric from the Salvation Army op-shop next door to my work for about 50c! Probably the cheapest thing I've ever made. The pattern was The Staple Dress by April Rhodes (which you may remember me mentioning in my last post). This design was a bit of an internet sensation when it was first released; I kept seeing it popping up on all of my favourite sewing blogs. I ordered the pattern from an online shop in the UK before it was available as a PDF download - doh!
This was also my first attempt at a bound neckline and I was a bit worried about it not sitting flat - which seems to be a constant problem for the contestants on The Great British Sewing Bee! But I found a really good tutorial on Grainline Studio (which also has some awesome downloadable patterns too, by the way!) and it was way easier than I thought it would be. When in doubt, iron it to death!
I also picked up some cool tribal rayon fabric in the Spotlight sale today so I can make another. I might go for the size down next time so it's a little less blousey. We'll see.