Thursday 6 March 2014

Lovely Little Nelli

In the early hours of the morning on 26th February, a very teeny tiny addition to our extended family came into the world! Meet Nelli June Lo-Ngok who is the lovely daughter of Martin's cousin Marc and his fiance Kylah. 


We spent Christmas 2012 in Melbourne with Mart's family and not long after we returned to NZ, we heard the news that Marc and Kylah were going to be parents! 

Of course, I immediately wanted to make them something. Little miniature quilts were the first thing to spring to mind, but as Martin's Auntie Sandra is a very talented and accomplished quilter, I knew she'd be in her element making a baby quilt for her first grandchild (ahhh, I'm so excited for you Sandra!! Big hugs!)


So I set my mind on clothes because, y'know, that's kinda my 'speciality' (I wish)! I've never made anything for kids yet so it was a whole new ball-game for me. But it was so much fun working in miniature!



I ended up making two little wee twirly skirts with pom-pom trim and piece of hoop art for Mum and Dad. We also found these adorable hand-knitted baby booties on our trip to Akaroa with Martin's parents back in November. Marts took some talking round as he couldn't see why a newborn would need woollen booties during a heat wave in Aus (a fair point) but the cute factor won him over!


A few days before Nelli was born, Marc also proposed so we are looking forward to another family wedding too!

Hope you guys are enjoying life as a family of three so far and really hope to get to see you later this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment