Friday 18 February 2011

Burlesque Beauty School

My first attempt at creating victory rolls!

Adding flower accessories

Experimenting with retro bows

Edible lip glitter

Last night I attended a master class led by the notorious queen of the stage Anna Fur Laxis in how to create a classic burlesque look.

We went through all the essentials to creating the glamorous pin-up look:
  • The 1-minute perfect eyebrow secret
  • How to make lips and eyes 'pop'
  • Eyelash application
  • Perfect eyeliner flicks
  • How to cheat your way to victory rolls
  • Using flowers and scarves
I'm amazed how much I learnt in just 2 hours. I don't often wear that much make-up and have never been particularly confident with eyeshadow, but I now feel I can experiment more with my day to day look. Most of the other gals were really amazed at how their look turned out, everyone underwent such a transformation!

Have a look on Anna's website to find out more about the colourful world of burlesque or to book a class.

No comments:

Post a Comment