Thursday 17 May 2012

Teardrop and Heath



The best thing about working in a fabric shop is being surrounded my beautiful prints and colours all day and dreaming of the endless creations I could make. One of my favourite designers that we stock is the American brand Alexander Henry. Every time new fabrics arrive in store, the ones I single out as my favourites are always Alexander Henry. Two of these such fabrics I decided would become my first project on my sewing machine. I made these cushion covers, complete with tiny orange button backs and have to say I'm very pleased wiyh my work! I havn't sewn a button-hole since I was 16 and, after some trial and error, things went pretty smoothly. The only problem is, it is so quick to make a cushion cover and there are so many fabrics to choose from, I might end up running out of places to put cushions!

No comments:

Post a Comment