Tuesday 20 July 2010

Urban Textiles



I am writing this with my eyes fixed firmly on the computer screen to avoid looking out the window at the storm raging around me. Okay, I may exaggerate an eensy weensy bit, but that's more rain than I've seen in all my 19 years and the lightning is of the the brightest azure blue. I'm not a massive fan of thunderstorms. I don't like saying they scare me because I know I'm not 8 years old, but I certainly feel the need for the protective arm of my loved one, and he never seems to be around when there's a storm!

Anyway, back to what I was actually posting. I was looking for some new shoes on Urban Outfitters yesterday for my globe trot road trip to Italia the week after next (ee) and I stumbled across their new textiles range. The scoundrels. It seems, and correct me if I'm being paranoid here, that whenever I have a spark of genuis regarding a design, Outfitters read my mind and get there before me. Their range of feather headpieces are alarmingly similar to mine (which were created first!) and I've been brewing ideas for patchwork duvetcovers and bunting incorporated cushion covers for the past few months and now I feel crushed. Sad times. Nevertheless, I will continue to endevour to be unique and individual and shy away from the mainstream...unless it gets there first.

No comments:

Post a Comment